I hate going to class in the rain, it always makes the day seem so dreary.
We watched a group therapy session in direct practice today. It was very interested. The session was facilitated by a therapist and had 6 teenage boys who were all in foster care. She led a very loose session and didn't say much for the first half of the video. Most of my classmates thought she was a terrible therapist, but I thought she did great.
Kids in foster care are used to being told where to go, who to live with, how to act, etc. They have no privacy. Everyone from the social workers, to their teachers, to their foster parents, to friends of the foster parents know all their business. I thought the social worker was finally giving them power, power to take control of something in their lives...even if it was just a therapy session. haha, that's what I thought about it anyway!
Tomorrow in human behavior we are having a panel of people from the LGBTQ spectrum come and share with us. I am very excited!
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment