Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Animals v People

I've been reading a lot about animals/pets lately.  People are passionate about animals.  People are outraged that animals are dumped.  People are against declawing cats and think it should be banned. People are against selling pets on craiglist. People are against kill shelters...

But in all of this, I have to wonder; where are these people in the fight against crimes against humanity?  Sometimes I feel people are so worried about dogs and cats and don't even care about people. I remember during Hurricane Katrina when they would report animals with no homes or a drowned pet, people would cry.  When there were storied of families without homes, or children who had lots both parents, or people looking for their missing family...there was simply a shake of the head...a "that's too bad"

I'm sorry, but I don't think a dog's life is worth as much as ANY human life.  It makes me so sad and angry at times to see people fight so much for animal rights when we don't even have basic human rights.  How can you be outraged about a dog being euthanized and think its ok to abort a baby? How can you be ok with all the children sitting in foster care waiting for families and harass people about turning their pets over to animal shelters.

Where are our priorities?

No comments:

Post a Comment