
I was thinking how life can change so much in such a small amount of time! Less than two years ago, I was just living life. I actually thought(this is crazy) that these were the years I was justified as being "crazy." Partying was the main thing I justified and I can say for sure that I fully expected to come to college and party "for real" I actually thought that's what college was for, you partied for four years and then you worked for the rest of your life. I thought that was fair, that it was owed to me to be able to have any kind of fun I wanted. Those crazy baptist people were always asking me about being "saved" and I just made fun of them with my fellow Catholic buddies. I remember we would talk about getting married to people who werent Catholic and I would say, "My husband just better convert, because I didn't go through all these years of CCD, and making my communion and confirmation for nothing!" They were just stupid "bible-thumpers" But little did I know...I would be called a bible-thumper in a few years! I don't know how I ended up at A&M, I never wanted to come here, I never even wanted to go to a public school, I for SURE did not want to go to a school with more than 40,000 people! I never visited this campus, I never researched the school...I just applied after going to a scholarship seminar they had. And for some reason...I can't even remember it now, that's how trivial it was, I decided to come here. I probably heard the people were nice. I get here, join a Catholic sorority, feel A LOT of conviction, think God is calling me to be a nun, contact the nuns, and look into leadership in the sorority. Then for NO reason at all, I randomly start attending non-Catholic churches. I liked Grace, didn't care for Central, and HATED Living Hope. I remember wondering how Butch expected to convert anyone to the faith while telling them they were for sure going to hell and basically just "being mean" And again for no reason at all...I decided to come back!
Looking at all these events I can see there is no logical explanation for me being at A&M, for me visiting Living Hope, and for me to actually go back a second time! It was ALL God! It's so amazing how he draws us to Him and we don't even know it! He's always had this plan for me and He carried it out without me...now if I could just remember this in my everyday life!
God has a plan for me!!!
So glad you decided to come back.....really glad
ReplyDeleteIm super glad you decided to come to A&M. Living Hope. AND the Henry Hope Group! Yea for friends that God puts into our lives!
ReplyDeleteAMEN Sister!!!
ReplyDelete