...but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4
So figure I need to know these words...so tonight I am starting my scripture memorization! It's been such a blessing to me just knowing, it says something about loving people more than myself somewhere in the book of life!
Now I want to know where, I want to be able to quote scripture to help someone or when I am struggling with something. I want to be able to find it without going to bible gateway. I want to know God's word like I know the back of my hand, I want to love it as much as I love the songs about Him...I want to love it MORE than that!!
Someone hold me accountable cause here I go:
John 13:34-35!
What a great idea. It always comforts me when I am tryin to explain something to someone and can give the scritute location so they can no its not me or my words ... its GOD'S! So I totally think we should be scripture partners! We could get together once a week and pick out our favorite verses or the ones God reveals to us and learn those! We can randomly call each other and be like what does James 3:3-5 say! What do you think!
ReplyDeletethat's so cool, halei! kathryn and i are going through women of the bible, and God's word is so rockin'! i feel like i know these women, and i'm learning so much! the word of the Lord is living and active! you inspire me and spur me on, sweet sister!
ReplyDeleteSo THIS is your blog, Halei! I'm so glad I know where it is out in cyber space!!! Now I can know your inner most thoughts! :) I can tell you that working through the AWANA books with my kids has led to tons of Scripture memory for me. I highly suggest to people that want to work on memorization that they buy one of the AWANA books - very cheap - from the church and work through it on their own. It is very effective! They even sell CD's with the verses put to music! You have to love that.
ReplyDeleteH-
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I found your blog!!
Amanda Holley