but not recklessly...falling in love with Christ!
Someone once told me that love songs were actually songs written by people longing for Christ. They said that the love described in love songs in not something you can get from another human and that these people were subconciously longing for God...and I think I agree!
I LOVE country music and one of my favorite songs is by Jessica Andrews.
Artist/Band: Jessica Andrews
Song: Helplessly, Hopelessly, Recklessly
Lyrics for Album: Who I Am
I can stand with the weight of the world
On my shoulders
I can fight with the toughest of the tough
I can laugh in the face Of all my insecurities
Anytime, anywhere, anythingI'm strong enough
(Philippians 4:13I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].)
But when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love
(Psalm 139:13-18
13For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
14I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!(A)
18If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.)
So let consequence do what it will to us
I don't care
(John 15:20
20Remember that I told you, A servant is not greater than his master [is not superior to him]. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.)
Let the stars stand as witness to it all
Say the word and tonight I will follow you anywhere
I just can't pretend anymore
I'm too sturdy to fall
(1 John 3:24All who keep His commandments [who obey His orders and follow His plan, live and continue to live, to stay and] abide in Him, and He in them. [ They let Christ be a home to them and they are the home of Christ.] And by this we know and understand and have the proof that He [really] lives and makes His home in us: by the [Holy] Spirit Whom He has given us.)
But when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love
(Deuteronomy 6:5And you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might.)
I am not afraid
I am not afraid
(Philippians 1:28And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.Philippians 1:27-29)
Cause when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling...(Helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly falling)
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love
(Psalm 73:23Nevertheless I am continually with You; You do hold my right hand.)
Now if that song doesn't describe the love we should have in Christ, the comfort, the willingness to follow, the fearlessness...I dont know what does!
So yep...I think I agree with that statement! It's all about HIM!
I am glad to say I am HELPLESSLY, HOPELESSLY, (and to those who dont understand..recklessly) falling more and more in love with my God everyday!
4 days ago
mmmmmmm, so good halei! Christ is the perfect lover and the perfect love!
ReplyDeletewell well well... look who has a blog! makes me happy...
ReplyDelete