Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Texas Pride

So, yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. I guess I've never been out to eat Mexican on this day...I mean, in Texas we eat Mexican everyday - so no big deal!  Not so here.  Pure craziness. I pass by Mexican food restaurants all the time and they are usually empty...most of my new friends don't even like Mexican food. HORROR, I know!

Anyway, I was with a few people I haven't spent a lot of time with. Of course, I somehow managed to throw in how Texas is the best state in the country. This started a discussion about Texas pride and why Texans seem to be the only people who have so much pride in their state.

I have no idea if Texans are the only ones, but why not have pride in your state?  And if pride is so special to Texans...why is that?

I just know I LOVE my Tejas!

2 comments:

  1. Texas loves you! Come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...uh? Empty Mexican food restaurants? People 'there' don't like it? I'm stumped! I couldn't live without my Mexican food!! I lived in Chicago for a number of years and even people there liked Mexican food...although there was only one MexiFood restaurant that made it good. Julio & Juanitas..a Texas Mexican Food company there. That place was always packed!

    Where are you that they don't like Mexican food? and how dare they?!

    ReplyDelete