Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Happiness Trap

 I'm not really into self help books (that's what my bible is for, right!) but I actually like this book!

My therapist gave it to me a few weeks ago and of course my stubborn self didn't pick it up to read, because I thought it was dumb. (I should probably start listening to the man a little more,lol) I was bored last night and started reading (after skipping the first 50 or so pages and skimming a lot) and it's actually pretty good! 

Yeah...that's my review.  I haven't actually finished so I can't say too much yet.

I am done with ignorant people. Over it. Stay away. No, thank you - you don't need to teach me how to be black. And no, you're not the first person to make incessant, annoying comments about it. And really, I didn't know white and black people had different types of clothes. And I didn't realize I was missing out because I don't know your favorite hip-hop artist. But, thanks for showing me that age does not equal intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment