Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I miss my babies

Kalyn sent me a picture of Eithne in some halloween pajamas last night and she was SO big!  I try not to think of my little bumblebees too much, but I miss them so much.

I worked at BGCC for three years and it was and has been one of the BEST experiences of my life.  I feel so blessed to have worked in a place with such strong women.  I learned so much from those women and their lives and we shared a lot of love.  It was so much more than a job for me, it was a family. I can only hope that I can find a job somewhere like it after I graduate.

I miss Ms Sandy and her sweet approach and patience to everything. I miss her inviting me to dinner.
I miss Ms Andrea and her mothering to me and every other TA.  She always had kind words of advice.
I miss Ms Emily and her practical approach and honesty to any situation.
I miss Ms Cathy...everything about her.
I miss joking around with Ms Kay.
I miss talking about going out with Ms Nicole.
I miss playing about with Ms Heather....

I miss my little babies. My junior year I was so excited because I was going to be with Ms Kay in the Seahorses(5 years old.) Someone ended up quitting and they moved me to Ms Andrea's room.  I was not a happy camper, Ms Andrea had the smallest babies. At this time they were 3 months old. I had really, really wanted to work with Ms Kay.

But I feel so fast and so hard for those babies.  All six of them.  I worked something like 730-6 MWF and took classes all day T/TH and some days I wanted to pull my hair out, some days I could hear them crying in my sleep, some days I wanted to quit...but I learned so much about parenting and babies.

My senior year I started out with Ms Heather in the Squirrels(3 yrs) and then went to the Bees, where  my little babies had moved. So I was with them for 2 years...all day, every week.  Nothing could have prepared me for how much you can love someone else's child. I can't even imagine loving my own kids more, but I've been told it's different.  I spent a lot of time with them at school as well as in their homes babysitting.  I was especially close to Eithne and her sister Aideen. By my senior year I was babysitting for them at least 4 times a month.

And then I had to leave. I had to leave all the women I loved so much, all the babies I had spent two years loving on, all the parents who had showered me with so much kindness...I would go back to College Station just to work at BGCC again...

Just want to say we had smart little kids too. I remember my mom was reading all the goodbye cards from families and Quinlan's mom talked about Quinlan talking about me at home.  Of course, my mom was thinking these kids are barely two, they can't do that!  But I would say 4 of them had the vocabulary of three year olds, before they were two.  We could have conversations with them, not everyone else understood them, lol...but they were speaking in complete sentences when I left in May.  They could answer questions and even comprehend questions like "Is Eithne supposed to be running in our classroom?"  I called them my baby geniuses ;)

And I say I want to be a foster parent...it's gonna be hard to let those babies go.






No comments:

Post a Comment