Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthdays!

Yesterday we celebrated a birthday here in Georgia.  Alanna turned 24!  A group of six of us went out to Chili's and had a BLAST! They even have this neat deal, you can get an appetizer, 2 courses, and a dessert for $20. So we got three of those and let me tell ya, it was way too much food!    I made oreo truffles and they were a huge hit. I was surprised everyone liked them so much!  I love them too, but they're not too much fun to make.

It's so funny how we form relationships and how resilient we are. I've gone from hating this place to loving it.  I'm just as excited to see my new friends as I would be if someone from Texas showed up.

I'm so glad I chose Georgia over New York.  I don't think I would have been as content there. I probably would have learned to love it, but I'm not a city girl.

We have to turn in our schedules for next semester soon. I can't believe it's already that time. I feel like we just started school. I think I'm going to change from the community tract to the clinical track.  I want to do more counseling then community empowerment, probably in a hospital or school.  Still waiting to hear about my placement.

The LSU game was quite a disappointment. I have never been much of a football fan, but the UGA culture demands it.  It's so different from the Aggies.  I think the Aggies want to win, but we don't usually expect it. In Georgia, there is NO question about winning. We are going to win. And we don't...it's hard.  People are so depressed!  I don't think I've ever screamed or jumped as loud and high as I did when Georgia scored that last touchdown. I thought we had finally done it....better luck next week!
 
I haven't had my A/C on for almost a week!  I am loving the cool weather. It feels so good to have fresh air going through my apartment.

Life is going quite well here in Georgia.  Hopefully I'll make it through these midterms...

 

 

 

1 comment: