Frances does Music Monday, so I've decided to give it a try!
I'll preface this and say I'm a huge country music fan. Generally, I have a higher number favorite songs that are country (hey, it's easy to get it on the radio!) But I absolutely love all kinds of music, especially those I call alternative. And you should know my definition of alternative is horribly broad. If it isn't a soundtrack, country, pop, rap, or R&B...I will be calling it alternative. No need to correct me. I don't like too many categories in my itunes, so I can shuffle by genre!
Hang with me...and leave your judgement at the door. Here are some songs that have been giving me LIFE.
Cocorosie - Werewolf
Lykke Li - Tonight
Laurie Anderson - One Beautiful Evening
Saving Jane - Grace
Lisa Hannigan - Silent Night
La Roux - Bulletproof (my version doesn't have all the techno sounds. weird)
Victoria Justice - You're the Reason
(I think I've gone a bit overboard. I'll stop here.)
But yeah, I've been over the radio the past few weeks. These songs just make me feel alive. I don't know how to explain it, but this music just gets all up in my heart and takes root.
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment