Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Excuse me -

I thought this interview was for an internship!

I had my interview this morning at the hospital I'm assigned to next year.  99.9% of interviews I've heard about are just to meet your supervisor, make sure the job entails what you thought, and get your form signed saying you accept the placement.

Of course, I get the agency that wants a full-on "let's imitate an actual job interview"interview.  My interview for DFCS was just me and my supervisor sitting around talking about the weather, about UGA, about her son, etc.  My interview today had me on my toes the entire time.

A few times I was sure I had fallen flat on my face,but the administrator (there were three women in there bombarding me!) would day - "that's good"  umm...ok.  I got the impression they expected me to have some knowledge and experience with medical social work, but I thought that's what this internship would be for.  I could also tell they didn't believe me when I told them I hadn't run into any excessively hostile people in CPS. I don't remember most of what we talked about, because for most of it I was thinking "oh crap!"

Before I left they told me they would get back to me about my acceptance.  Not in any other agency have I heard this has happened. You are supposed to leave your interview knowing if you're a good fit!  I'm a bit comforted knowing the lady interviewed after me got the same response. So now we wait....

1 comment: