Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Me?! Practicing...You're kidding!



Well we had an orientation for our field work practicum next semester. I was excited before hand and completely ready to drop-out afterward. I do NOT feel like I am any where near ready to go out and practice with real people!  People and their real lives...after only a semester?!  I feel like I'll look like a little kid playing house.  Will people even take me seriously?!  We don't have much say in where they place us next semester, since it's not our concentration year. I'm afraid I'll end up in a prison or a halfway house or an addict treatment center, places I do not feel I have the right heart for. I know I could get there and find out I love it, but the thought of it terrifies me right now.  I'm hoping I get to work in a hospital, school, or adoption agency.  The application is due October 1st, so I better get on it!

We also received our advisors today. Luckily, mine is one of my professors. He's a nice guy, from Kenya(I think). We are supposed to meet with them in the next two weeks, so hopefully that will go well.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and under-prepared. I know we still have the rest of the semester to learn...I guess this is just the time when you second guess if this is the place for you.  Right now it seems like everyone is more concerned with the correct style of APA than field work...frustrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment