I wonder sometimes how I can find it SO easy to forget that God answers prayers. It's not even the fact that I may not like the answer...its the fact that unlike people, he will NEVER leave me hanging.
Last year I really wanted to work at a summer camp. I had never been to one and being the newly save college kid I was...I knew the cool thing to do was go to a christian camp! I applied to Sky Ranch and I think my interview was going pretty well...looking back, I know exactly where it went downhill..."Do you believe the bible contains errors?" ...my answer...yes, it probably does!
I thought it would be so easy! Watch a cabin of girls for a month, let people teach me about God! Boy was I in for a wakeup call! The first two weeks, I was so home(read college) sick. I wished I wasn't there, it was the total opposite of what I expected. The one thing I did know was that I could pray. God showed me the power of prayer so powerfully during this time. I wrote and asked friends to pray and I was constantly praying. I prayed about leaving, I prayed about what to do with our girls...God made it clear to me that being in a Christian setting has NOTHING to do with shining His light. Just living by His word could be such a testament to my girls, loving them!
And here I am again this year...praying about my summer, but not really expecting an answer. My parents didn't want me to go back to camp and I was ok with that. But something was tugging at my heart...so I prayed some more. I still didn't have too much confidence that anything would change. But God is powerful and He changed hearts...and I will be going back to camp for a month! I will need lots of prayers, because it's sooo different than what I'm used too! I think this will be my mission trip for the summer, lol!
. I'll need prayers on how to teach these girls that Jesus is real(really...one of our girls asked us if Jesus was just pretend, because no one could die and come back to life)
. I'll need prayers to be joyful ALWAYS!
. Patience!
. prayers especially for the girls who have been attending this camp for years(its one of those you attend from 8-17+) that it would be different for them this year as they form a relationship with Him
Prayers for my cabin!
. that I would be with counselors who are on fire for God!
. that our girls will open up to us about their questions about Jesus and his death
. that we would seek wise counsel!
I just want to be sure to always be an example of Jesus, because for these girls we are "mom" for a month and that does not mean a lot for some of them. I just want to show them the love of Christ at all times!
4 days ago
I can't believe you're going to be gone for a whole month! I will miss you desperately! (and not because of Dawn.) One thing I know: those girls at camp are already blessed that you will be there for them. I will be praying for you, the girls, and the other counselors.
ReplyDeletewow! Isn't it cool to watch God do what only God can do...change hearts! It is so cool that you are going there to be salt and light, maybe to both kids and counselors!!
ReplyDeleteWe'll pray for you girlie! Like the saying goes...sometimes the only Jesus someone sees is the Jesus in you! You'll do great!
ReplyDelete