Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

This is what it means to be held!

I've decided to reschedule my calendars. A year will now consist of the months August-May and those few months in between will be known just as "the summer." Really in school, it makes more sense that way!

I feel like I've learned SOOO much this year, thanks to an amazing body of believers ushering me along the way! I've never known what it was like to have people invite you into their home...anytime and not worry about how clean it was or not having on their makeup, etc!

It's not even that anyone sat down and told me anything, but just being able to see how families operate, how people communicate with people they love, and how people worship in everything they do has shown me so much.

I think my favorite thing, or maybe its just on my mind since its Monday, is church!! I LOVE how exciting it is! I love that we're supposed to be excited and make joyful noise! I love that I can look over at our pastor and see him dancing, or shouting, or just praying...whatever worship he feels called to do! What a great example for us...for me! I can sing, I can clap, I can jump, I can dance(haven't done that one yet, lol!) But I love that the standard for worship is NOTHING should be more exciting than doing it! Praising God should be the more exciting thing in the world to me...and it is!

I love that I actually have a sense of the bible. Of course I don't know everything, but when someone talks about the good samaritan I don't think it's just a story from McGee and Me(and I guess people can't watch that in school anymore, because I just realized its a Christian show!) I'm so thankful I can call verses to mind when I know I'm sinning and the conviction is so quick and so right!

I love that God has taught me so much about love. It isn't like it is in the movies, it hurts to love someone I think. I've learned so much from children, from Dawn! I had no idea the first time I saw her in August, that I would love her so much in May. That the thought of not spending my Saturdays with her would make me cry. Just looking at her I see so much, so much I want to change, so much I want to love completely. I can't even imagine loving a child more than her...l Love isn't just liking someone a lot, it's so much more. Revolutionary...to me, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment