Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Of a childlike faith...

And He called a little child to Himself and put him in the midst of them, And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
-Matthew 18:2-4

Weeks ago in Her Hands, I think it was Heather, said that reading the word always leads somewhere. We may think we're just reading random parts of the bible, but it'll lead somewhere and this is where I am! Childlike faith, yay!

I've realized areas in my life where I do NOT have a childlike faith and surprisingly it, it's small things, so small. I have no doubt God is huge and can make huge, amazing things happen. But I forget that even thought He is so magnificent, he takes care of every, little detail. And every, little act of disobedience is great to Him, and every act of disobedience is me telling Him, I don't trust you. I don't believe the life you ask me to lead is good enough.

Faith that his commandments apply to everything in my life and that following them is the best way. I can try to justify it and it seems like something so small, but it is a sin. When I'm impatient, I'm saying I want it now, Your time isn't good enough...I don't have faith that His timing is perfect. The biggest area in my life this has impacted me is...this is going to sound crazy...but test taking. I NEVER thought I God was concerned with something so small, so...in my control. I study = I do good, I don't study = I do bad! But it's so not the case, my motives for making an A or B were for my glory...so I could boast in myself about how well I had done! Walking into a test, I ask God for guidance. I ask that whatever grade I get, I would not be prideful, but attribute it to him. I ask to be reminded that this grade determines nothing and is only a means to an end of the path he has planned for me to glorify His name. Speed limits, being joyful always...having the same patience I so easily can have with a child, with someone my own age or older, submission, all these little things that I never thought were all that big of a deal. They all go back to faith in the Father.

I'm surrounded by children all the time! I SEE childlike faith. When they fall down they RUN to me, they believe the kiss I give them really does make it better. They may say "Ms Halei, you give the best hugs!" When they color a picture they are SO excited to show me! When something scares them, they believe I will be able to protect them. They so easily tell me they love me! When I have to discipline them, they are never mad at me! A few seconds later they are in my lap again! Am I that way with the Father...always? I don't always run to Him in prayer, I don't always take me work to Him and seek his voice, I don't always want to love Him...how much more of a visual do I need?

I pray that my faith would always be so childlike and pure, because I know there is such a sense of security and trust in that.

-edit- Something happened today and made me think about this topic again! I was leaving work and I saw a little boy and his mom. Well I had seen her picture in one of my classes, because she went to China with my prof. I struck up the conversation about China. I ended it saying, "I would love to go to China, but I don't know how I'll ever get there." This precious 5 year, with his childlike faith, said "You will Ms Halei, you'll make it there,." With a huge smile and as if he knew he was encouraging me! So sweet...and he is so right. If God wants me there for some reason, I will make it there! Gotta love those kids! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I have the same prayer. God has given us such a clear picture of faith in the eyes of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this "little boy"! he has such a sweet heart and is so eager to listen.

    ReplyDelete