I took a test today...the professor handed out the test and said and I quote: "Since giving tests are so boring for me, I'm going to go outside and smoke, don't cheat"
And no one did.
I love that I go to a school where it is not the norm to cheat and that a professor can walk out of the room while there is a test. Given this is a smaller and upper level class. I don't think people would be as honest if there were 300 people...but maybe so.
But it remember during the last workday I went to, talking to Allen Duty and commenting how it seemed to me like most people were saved in college. And he made an interesting point...it never occured to me before that day that other college campuses/areas were not so christian and that we live in a little bubble. We are surrounded by churches, every street has a church...people meet you and a regular question is what church do you go to? Most of the people in my China class have either been to China on a mission trip, want to go to China on a mission trip, or want to go somewhere on a mission trip.
Okay let me tell you how it goes at a secular University such as Cal Berkeley. One night some dude called my boyfriend (at the time not Wayne) and told him he had just 'aquired' the test. This set off an immediate run to Kinkos (or the like) the test was copied and distributed to all interested parties. If some professor left the room at Cal the cheating would have been on like donkey kong! Now I am and have always been a goody two shoes so I avoid that kind of thing but I am not one of the three blind mice I know it was happening there! So yeah for A&M that may be why you lost in the holiday bowl you guys had to study for finals!
ReplyDeleteK