Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 5, 2007

Right In Front of My Eyes...


My homework made me think about sin some more tonight.

I was working on a proof for my logic class(not a fun class I might add!) and I was here

(P v Z)

....now about 6 rows up I was given "if (PvZ) then ~M"...can I tell you I honestly spent 30 minutes thinking this problem was unsolvable because I didn't even see the if-then statement to tell me "~M" would obviously be the next step...after I realized that, I solved the proof in the next 30 seconds!

I can't help but think God is trying to reiterate to me how easy freedom from sin is, when we see it, acknowledge it, and work to solve it...in confession/fellowship and not isolation!
The solution to sin is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! It's not hard, God made it clear what I need to do to gain my freedom, but so often I'm not even paying attention to the sin. It's such a part of my life I don't realize it's sin anymore and continue to do. That is not an excuse!

I love that we're all becoming piles of goo...I love that I realize now that so many things are wrong with my way of thinking, because it is MY way, but this stage is so good, because I am learning. I can place my trust in Him and He can re-train my entire thought process. I love that I can see other women who have done it.
I'm just thankful....
Thankful for this life He's given me.
Thankful for a wonderful church.
Thankful for older women willing to train me up!
Thankful for a friend who will not settle for anything less than intimacy.
And ever so thankful for His unfailing love!
I am sinful and I always will be, but I will not let it consume me!

7 comments:

  1. Halei,
    Let me say that I love you. You are so smart. It is so great to see other people working to "put off the sin that so easily entangles" too. You are so right. There are so many sins in our lives that we don't even see as sin. We have to stay in the Word so that God can fix this in us. I love that He will do this in us and for us. What a great God we have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am pretty much in love with the fact that you related math to God...it makes your Granny so proud! I love you my intimate friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARE YOU CALLING ME OLD AGAIN??? OH, sorry did I say that out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey missy I honored your request ... and you cant even comment on it! UGH! I guess I still love ya though! I will miss ya but hope you have a happy and safe Spring Break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, so yeah i was trying to read the post,, but all i could think of was wow! what do all those signs and numbers mean?? I'm distracted, i seriously can't even read you post with out the tryign to figure out what that equations mean... Where's Sara when you need her??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I miss you, Halei! I love reading your blog. You're more transparent in writing than you are verbally, as I am, so I totally understand that. I'm one of the OLDER ones, too, Kyle, but I am definitely still in the "goo" stage. :)

    Melodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to read this, Halei! God is doing good things in you...I praise Him for what is going on inside your cocoon!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete