So I've allowed myself to think of the future. I have gone back and forth about changing his name and admit I was against changing childrens' names before my first placement. But I decided it's really a case by case decision and actually talked to the child involved and he was ready for a new name. I picked Oliver and Landon and he picked Tucker and Hudson (both classmates)
Oliver. He shall be known as! He picked it from our list and has been answering to it with no problem. I'm keeping his current first and middle name as his new middle names. Not asking anyone to call him Oliver right now...except me. I figure when he starts K, and hopefully the adoption is done, he'll oficially be Oliver. He answers to it and hasn't changed his mind yet...I think it'll stick! We've been practicing writing it and I've got little signs posted around the house with his new first and last name.
Now to get this adoption done!

No comments:
Post a Comment