I tell this boy often he's my 'favorite boy forever.' I don't think I could love a kid more. Life before him...I can't even remember. Life without him...I can't imagine. And to think - I was hesitant to take a boy. Never saw myself as a boy mom!
A friend is going through a horror story of foster case, that has me scared to death. I know foster care is supposed to be temporary. I know I agreed to care for a child until his parents or relatives were able. But when his parents' rights have been terminated and random family members he doesn't even know may have more say in this than me...I get scared.
They dropped him off saying he'd likely be free for adoption in January. I was adamant I was not looking to adopt anyone! And here I am today, willing to stand before a judge and take responsibility for his precious heart.
I've been blessed with a fairly easy first placement. I haven't had to deal with visitation, severe trauma, atypical behavior, etc.
Day be day. That's all I can do. Treat each day like its his last here.
If he does leave, I hope he remembers how much he was...IS...loved here (even by two annoyed little pups!)

No comments:
Post a Comment