I accepted a placement today. Funny how things work out. Placements are usually last minute - calls at 2am, not a lot of info on the kid, scrambling around to get ready. I did have to check myself...this is a boy and an older child than I wanted my first placement to be. I imagined a cute little girl about 18 months old to start with. But God said take care of the orphans and I could find no reason to decline this placement aside from my selfish preferences, so YAY. He's coming.
This little guy is coming from a shelter and he has to be placed by 10/31. Now that I've accepted him and the agency has accepted me, it's just the logistics of getting him here between now and then.
Baby blue Isla will be fitted with a fancy booster seat soon. We are so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment