I have a fear of the above word. Back when I was in a very conservative church, my sister and dad claimed to have this gift. They also claimed to know what was going on in my mind and even if it wasn't really what was going on, I believed them and thought I was just wrong.
Last week I tried a new church and loved it.
BUT, there was this boy. He said hi to me when I walked in and sat by me. Her left a couple of seats between us, but before i knew it he was sitting next me and asking me all kind of questions through out the service. After the service, he brought up the discernment word.
Evidently, God told this boy to seek me out/have a relationship with me. He told me he knew I wasn't like other girls - no into the party life. Right then and there I knew his discernment was off. I was glowing with the love of Christ and purity..
Too bad the night before I was partying. I think he saw the alcohol sweating out.
He asked for my number because he felt God was telling him to pursue some kind of relationship with me and perhaps we could have a bible study. I just told him that God didn't tell me that and that we would just have to see each other at church.
Past experiences have made me so cautious. Right now, I really just need a church family...not anyone thinking I'm some righteous girl rejecting worldly values.
Oy vey,
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment