Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Dabbling

I don't fancy myself a poet or take myself seriously, but I promised a great friend I would conjure something up for her.  Sorry it took so long!

Seeing you made me content all the way down to my soul!


Through the green gates, I never would have guessed,
That this special place would make my life so blessed.
Lots of people met and fun times indeed,
In the beautiful hill country I found my unknown need.

Of all the wonderful people met and true friendships made,
There is one in particular for whom I had prayed.
Kiowa tribe captain and a heart true to the core,
A type of friendship was born I had never known before.

Genuine, kind, hilarious, beautiful, and an artist to boot,
The goal of trusting no one was suddenly quite moot.
She showed me what it was to be loved and to receive,
The love of her friendship was something to believe.

So many crazy times and important life lessons learned,
The time spent with such a friend was something forever yearned.
Learning about love from a true caring and loving friend,
A confused broken heart was soon on the mend.

Time has brought growing and some surprising new changes,
But a friendship like this is not up for exchanges.
Damaged views of love and contradictory feelings felt,
Can’t ever change a relationship from which God’s hand was dealt.

Words could never describe what this caring friend has done,
For a girl who had decided that love should be shun.
Always a special place in this heart she will stay,
From the time of this friendship to the end of one’s day.

Always know that I love you and will always be here,
For you’re friend who in my heart is counted so dear.
Only prayers for many smiles and a life of great joy,
Is what’s in this grateful heart for you, Mcbride, a friend I most enjoy. 

I love you very much, Mcbridle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment