Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

DIY ~ Do it Yourself

This post is just for you, Megan.  I think I've given up on the blogging world.

 I just moved to a new apartment and I've gone from 670 sq. ft to myself to one bedroom and two roommates. For the past few days, I've been on the hunt for a dresser or chest to house my clothes because my new closet doesn't have many shelves.

I'm pretty sure in the past few days I've been to every place in the city that sales furniture.  I was looking for a cheap piece and I could paint or a piece that was already painted and old looking.  Finally found a dresser at Goodwill yesterday that was solid wood and in good shape.  $33.  Bought the dresser and headed to Home Depot with an idea in mind. 

I picked my color, bought some sand paper, a drop cloth, and paint brushes and was on my way.

 Before picture. I almost forgot this picture, so the drawers are already out.

 New color. I think it's called cucumber slice.  ...and I have an entire gallon of it, so I better be doing some more projects.



Lots of painting and sanding later, I have this little master piece. I'm very happy with it!  I never thought I would be buying something, painting it, and then "destroying" it, to make it look old.

There you have it, May.  How did I do?

1 comment:

  1. Great work! There's nothing like a new place to motivate you to try some new projects. Proud of you and hoping you aren't really giving up blogging. : [

    ReplyDelete